Encounter "HTTP 404 Error - File or Directory not found" error while opening Messagestats Reports web site.
This error is usually caused by an IIS (Internet Information Services) configuration issue.
Refer to Microsoft Knowledge Base Article ID 810784 - Error message "HTTP error 404 - File or directory not found" occurs when you access SQL Server 2000 with HTTP": http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810784
If the above mentioned article does not resolve the error, ensure that .asp mapping is a part of the Application mappings in IIS by taking the following steps:
1. Open Internet Information Service Manager.
2. Right-click on the MessagestatsReports directory and select Properties.
3. Select the Virtual Directory tab and click on the Configuration option.
4. Select the Mappings tab. If .asp extension is not a part of the mapping then add it by taking the following steps:
- Click on Add and in the executable name type in C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\asp.dll
- In the extenstion type in .asp and click on OK twice.
5. Try launching the MessageStats Reports and there should no longer be any errors.