When performing a mailbox or public folder gathering where both the connect-to and the gathering server are Exchange 5.5 servers, some attributes that contain data, come back as empty yet no warnings or errors were raised during gathering.
Refer to Resolution
This is a known issue where attributes that have data are not being gathered. For mailbox gatherings, the missing attributes are objectClass, cn, last name, title, address, city, state and modifyTimestamp. For Public Folder gatherings, only objectClass is missing. Additional mailbox attributes may be missing when more than one gathering is running simultaneously, such as Department.
The attached hotfix resolves this issue. The version of this hotfix build is 126.96.36.19953. This version can only be used to replace the QMS 5.6.0 RTM build of QSMailboxStats.dll (version 188.8.131.5252).
Take the following steps to implement this hotfix:
1. Ensure the Quest MessageStats Console is closed and that the scheduled daily gatherings have finished running.
2. Open the Service Control Manager.
3. Scroll down to the Quest MessageStats Service and stop it.
4. Open Explorer and browse to the Quest MessageStats installation directory, which by default is C:\Program Files\Quest Software\MessageStats.
5. Rename QSMailboxStats.dll as QSMailboxStats.dll.11252.
6. Extract the contents of the attached archive into the Quest MessageStats installation directory.
7. Return to Service Control Manager and start the Quest MessageStats Service again.
NOTE: You will have to wait for the next gathering run before you will start seeing the missing mailbox attributes in the Quest MessageStats Reports.
The change that was made for this hotfix will be included in a future release of Quest MessageStats.