- Work with source Exchange mailboxes and public folders (used by the Mail Source Agent, Public Folder Source Agent, and Public Folder Target Agent)
- Mail-enable the newly-created public folders(used by the public folder agents only: Public Folder Source Agent and Public Folder Target Agent)
- Synchronize Calendar information (used by the Calendar Synchronization Agent)
- Synchronize free/busy data (optional) (used by the Free/Busy Synchronization Agent)
- Switch mailboxes
|On the General>Connection page of the source Exchange server Properties in the Migration Manager Console
- Membership in the local Administrators group on all source Exchange servers involved in the migration. If a server is a domain controller, the account should be added to the domain local Administrators group of the domain.
- Full Control permission on the organizational units (OUs) (and their child objects) where the source synchronized objects are located.
- Full Control permission on source Exchange 2010 servers (including the Send As and Receive As permissions).
Full Control permission on source Exchange 2010 organization
Membership in the Public Folder Management group.
Permissions to log on to every mailbox involved in the migration.
Membership in the Recipient Management group.
- The ApplicationImpersonation management role for migration to Exchange 2013 (or higher) or Office 365
Note:If you have any Exchange 2010 Service Pack 2 servers in the source Exchange organization, the Address Book Policy (ABP) assigned to the account must include Global Address List (GAL) containing all recipients of the source Exchange organization.