We’ll start by filtering on devices:
- In the Devices tab, you’ll see a list of devices and the left-hand Filter panel that includes a Users section and Devices section.
- You can Filter by several categories - Let’s start by filtering on Device Name.
- Within the Devices section in the filtering panel, enter the full or partial name of the device you’re searching for.
- It’s easy to clear a filter - just click the X next to a filter in the active search criteria bar at the top of the page.
- We could also search by something like area code - let’s try 203, and it using the plus button. [pause]
- Click a name in the list to open the details panel on the right.
■ You can see the user’s device details, including the area code and phone number. You’ll also see hardware information, as well as details on apps and certificates. [add freeze frame]
■ As an Admin, you’ll also see the functions available to you for managing a user’s device--such as locking or setting passcodes.
You may need to do a more Complex Search that will include Multiple Filters. Here’s an example:
- We’ve already pared down the list to only Enrolled devices. Now let’s filter by Android devices with a total of 64GB of space.
- I’ll find Android under the Operating System Name filter, I’ll then use the Total Space filter and set the parameters to minimum zero and maximum 64. Again, I add it to my active filters list by using the plus button.
- My list now includes only those devices that meet my criteria. [pause for video]
You can also sort your filtered results.
- Let’s clear our filters and start again with a full list of users.
- To sort your results, use the toggle arrows to the right of each column header--in this example, I’ll start by sorting on Form Factor first.
- Notice that when I sort, the two toggle arrows change to one arrow that is either ascending or descending. To clear the sort direction, click the toggle arrows until both arrows are shown.
- You can also sort by multiple criteria. First I sorted my list by Form Factor. If I then sort by Device Name, you’ll notice that the list sorts first by Form Factor. And within those results, it then sorts by Device Name.
- To reset all filters and start again, just click the toggle arrows for each column head until the ascending and descending arrows are both present.