The information in this article applies to:
Security Explorer 7.x and up
Enable debugging in Security Explorer
Security Explorer can be started in debug mode and can also be configured to log folder and file paths when processing actions. This can be done as follows:
1) Open a command prompt and browse to where Security Explorer was installed (by default C:\Program Files\ScriptLogic Corporation\Security Explorer).
2) Type “SecurityExplorer.exe /d”
3) When Security Explorer has started, open the options dialog (tools menu). A new option “Log path names for….” (normally hidden) will be present at the bottom of the “General” tab. Select this option and click [OK] to close the options dialog.
4) Conduct a security operation as normal.
5) When/If Security Explorer halts, use Windows Explorer to browse to the Security Explorer installation folder (by default C:\Program Files\ScriptLogic Corporation\Security Explorer). A new file will be present. The name of the folder will contain the current date and time (for example 20070813_145019_468.log).
6) Send the new log file to Quest Software Support