In the vFoglight Storage Agent I receive errors when I try to validate my NaviSecCLI host. I receive the following error:
‘Could not install remote service on ‘192.168.0.1. Can’t start RCC Service.;
Extended information: Found Windows but RCCCLI failed’
This error is caused by the inability of the vFoglight Storage Agent to connect to the NaviSecCLI host server and execute the NaviSecCLI program. This is typically caused by a security setting blocking this functionality.
1) Add the vFoglight Server and the NaviSecCLI server to the same Domain.
2) Create a Domain user in this domain and make it an administrator on the NaviSecCLI server. This new Domain user only needs to be in the Users group user on the vFoglight server (generally the default).
3) On the vFoglight server go to Administrative tools |Services and select the properties of the vFoglightStorageCollector service.
4) Go to the Logon tab, select This Account and put in the domain user created in step number 2. Restart the vFoglightStorageCollector service with these new credentials.
5) Re-authenticate the EMC NaviSecCLI host in the vFoglight Storage Agent.
Build a new server with either 2003 or UNIX and put the NaviSecCLI agent on that server. Authenticate to this server instead of the one you are receiving the errors from.
vFoglight Storage version 2.0