Execute or run a query statement and get the error: “ORA-01435: user does not exist”.
The USER exists and is the current session schema.
The Current Schema is specified in the select.
Receives a popup of error: ORA-01435: user does not exist
After clicking OK, the correct results are displayed.
Clicking "Details >>" on the popup provides no further details, but displays the same error message.
It occurs in both DML and DDL, by F9 run as well as F5 Execute As Script, the windows is slightly different.
It has happened with every username logged in with.
To localize the issue, reset the User Files Settings.
(Prior to the following, jot down a connection credentials (User/Password and db) for the db that is causing the error.)
1. Close Toad for Oracle.
2. Drill to here: C:\Users\<user>\Documents\AppData\Toad\
3. Rename the version folder all 11.5 version folders, for example: 11.5 to 11.5_Backup.
4. Launch Toad for Oracle.
5. A new 11.5 version folders will be created.
6. When prompted, select Do not copy my user files. Perform a clean install.
7. Select Next (or you can review and select the Options Setting) on the remaining screens to Finish.
8. You will temporarily lose your settings.
9. Launch Toad for Oracle.
10. Determine if the problem persists.
11. If the problem does not happen, close Toad for Oracle, one can copy back the three files (connections.ini, connectionpwds.ini and savedsql.dat) from the earlier C:\Users\<user>\Documents\AppData\Toad\11.5_Backup\User Files folder into the newly created 11.5 User Files Folder.
Determine if the problem persists.
If it does, do an uninstall and reinstall.
Your settings have been saved from the previous step.
Run the Uninstall Quest Products executable. (Start button, type in Uninstall Quest Products)
If running Toad for Oracle 12.0.0, go to https://support.quest.com/Default.aspx and download and install the Toad for Oracle 12.0.1 Patch.