For the database rules, follow the steps in solution 87672
For all other rules, use the following steps to setup an email action:
- Go to "Dashboards | Administration | Rules and Notifications | Rules".
- Click on the rule to edit it.
- Expand any/all of the Severity levels. Click the Action tab.
- Select "EmailAction" from the Action dropdown. Click the "Add" button.
- Change any of the Default values as required
- Click the value column of mail.message.
- On the popup window that opens, click the "User Defined" tab and enter the alarm message.
- Click the value column of mail.recipient.
- On the popup window that opens, click the "User Defined" tab and enter the email address in the following format: