How to migrate connections and share with all users ?
If the connections not being retrieved after migrating the connections to another folder please make sure you followed the correct steps.
To share the connection details across different users, you can migrate your connection profiles to “All Users” profile and when they login as another user, you can select the option “Use Shared Connections” and point to the “All Users” path.
To do so,
1. Launch Spotlight. Do not connect to any database.
2. Select Tools >> Migrate Connections.
3. In the Connection Migration Wizard, select "Migrate Connections" option, in the Migrate to folder field, replace the existing user profile with “All Users” . So something like “C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Quest Software\Shared” and finish through the wizard.
4. Login as another user. Launch Spotlight and select Tools >> Migrate Connections , select the option "Use Shared connections", enter/browse to the above path and finish through the wizard.
5. Open the Connection manager and you should be able to see all profiles in there.
The only thing to note is that the other users will be prompted to enter the Username/password details the first time they connect.