When I make a new report to schedule. PA creates a Windows Scheduled Task.This task is set to run only when the user is logged on. When I set the option to "Run whether user is logged on or not" the task will start but the report is not created.
If I change it back to "Run only when user is logged on", the task is started and the report is created on disk and also emailed to me.
Security problem with the domain user where PA is running on.
Please run the following test to see if a scheduled task that does not rely on PA runs ok when you are logged out.
1. Create a file called test.cmd on the root of your C:\ drive (c:\test.cmd)
2. Add the following lines to this file:
ECHO %DATE% %TIME% >> C:\list.txt
ECHO. >> C:\list.txt
DIR C:\ >> C:\list.txt
3. Now save the file
4. Create a new scheduled task that launches c:\test.cmd
5. Log out before the task runs
6. After the task has run log back in and check if the task ran sucessfully and wrote to C:\list.txt.
If the above test fails then contact your Systems Administrator to resolve the issue so that the account used is able to run scheduled tasks successfully.
Once the above the test runs without problem then PA scheduled Reports should run without problem too.
If the test above completes successfully but scheduled reports are not produced please contact Quest Support for assistance.