Unable to monitor a Win2003 server by WMI protocol.
1. The firewall is turned off.
2. The following WMI services are running:
3. The server can be accessed by Telnet on the WMI port (135).
However when right-clicking on the device in the NMS Studio | selecting Settings | Verify monitoring status, most of the monitors have a last failure error status of "error_bad_netpath". Only 3 monitors have a status of "Success": Hardware Inventory, System Information and TCP Ports.
1. Open a cmd prompt and type wbemtest on the NMS monitoring agent..
a. Click Connect.
b. Edit the Namespace from 'root\cimv2' to the target '\\targetIPhereroot\cimv2'.
c. Enter the user name and click Connect.
2. Enable SNMP if the NMS agent is not installed and is not monitoring the device.