Toad for DB2 error connecting to database. Since getting the account re-established on the server, the following error is now received:
ERROR  [IBM] SQL30082N Security processing failed with reason "17" ("UNSUPPORTED FUNCTION"). SQLSTATE=08001
Per one customer report, dropping and recreating the DB2 Catalog entry resolved the issue.
ONLINE INFO ON THE ERROR:
Security processing failed with reason reason-code (reason-string).
An error occurred during security processing. The cause of the security error is described by the reason-code and corresponding reason-string value.
The following is a list of reason codes and corresponding reason strings:
17 (UNSUPPORTED FUNCTION)
the security mechanism specified by the client is invalid for this server. Some typical examples:
- The client sent a new password value to a server that does not support the change password function.
- The client sent SERVER_ENCRYPT authentication information to a server that does not support password encryption. Authentication type catalog information must be the same at the server and the client.
- The client sent a userid (but no password) to a server that does not support authentication by userid only.
- The client has not specified an authentication type, and the server has not responded with a supported type. This might include the server returning multiple types from which the client is unable to choose.
- The CLIENT AUTHENTICATION type is not supported by "IBM Data Server Driver for ODBC and CLI" and "IBM Data Server Driver package"