When running a SQL Cluster APM Backup Job, it fails with the following error messages logged on the NetVault Binary log.
Error <Date and Time> 690 Data Plugin <NetVault Server> Failed to retrieve list of servers
Error <Date and Time> 690 Data Plugin <NetVault Server> Unable to backup data due to empty backup list
Error <Date and Time> 690 Jobs <NetVault Server> Fatal error: Backup failed
Error <Date and Time> 690 Jobs <NetVault Server> Job Status: Backup Failed
The failure Occur because the NetVault Process Manager Service on the SQL Servers physical nodes belonging to the SQL Cluster is running with an account different from the Account being used by the Microsoft SQL Server service.
Change the LOGON AS: tab of the Properties for the "NetVault Process Manager" service in each one of the SQL Servers physical nodes belonging to the SQL Cluster.
1. At the NetVault Client, open the Windows Service Manager and identify the NV Service “Netvault Process Manager”
2. Right Click the Service and choose properties.
3. Select the Log On tab.
4. Set the Log On Credentials to the same user account that is used to start the SQL Server Service
5. Stop and Start the NV Service on the NV MSSQL client.
6. Go back to the Netvault Server and Click on Client Management.
7. Right Click on each one of the SQL Servers nodes belonging to the SQL Cluster and select Check Access.
8. Right Click on the Virtual Client created for the SQL Cluster and select Check Access.
9. Run the SQL Server Cluster Backup Job again. (It should work fine now).