The expresion datatype of a test gets reset under certain circumstances.
To reproduce the problem please follow the steps below:
1. Create a new Test Definition for QCTOD#PARSE.
2. Add a new test case and call it Test1.
3. Leave the Input Values as they are and then change the default Outcome to type Expression.
4. Set the properties of the Expression by setting the type to Boolean and set the Expression value to TRUE.
5. Save and close the test and run it - it will pass as the expected result has been hard-coded to TRUE.
6. Now edit the QCTOD#PARSE test.
7. Click "Refresh program list" button and choose Overload 2.
8. Click Save and the error below is raised.
"Code Tester has encounter an unrecoverable error as it tried to save your test definition.Press Send Support Bundle.....
NOte:The errors may have been found in test cases for a program that is nt currently selected."
QCTO has reset the Boolean datatype of the Expression back to NULL in the first test we created
You can browse back to the error by closing the error window, choosing Overload 1 from the "Test cases for:" list and now there is a red flag by Test1.
Waiting for fix in a future release of Quest Code Tester For Oracle