Below is the procedure for when there is at least one report pack installed, but the versions of MessageStats and the reports packs being installed to the new server are the same as those on the old server (i.e. nothing is being upgraded).
1. Open the MessageStats console
2. Left click the Tasks node to highlight it
3. Right click the Tasks node and select Export List
4. This list can be used to assist with manually recreating the tasks
5. Close the MessageStats console.
6. Stop the Messagestats Scheduler service and set it to disabled
7. End any running instances QMSExec.exe using the Windows Task Manager
8. Open SQL Management Studio and connect to the SQL server where the Messagestats database resides.
9. Right click on the Messagestats database and select 'New Query'.
----Paste the following into the empty query window. and select the Execute query button.
DELETE FROM T_QMSTaskOccurrences
DELETE FROM T_QMSTaskPropertyValues
DELETE FROM T_QMSTasks
10. Ensure the MessageStats scheduler service is stopped and disabled.
11. Install MessageStats to NEWSERVER using the appropriate MessageStats service credentials. Ensure that these credentials have local administrative privileges on NEWSERVER.
12. Install all of the MessageStats report packs that you require.
13. Open the MessageStats console - there should now be no existing tasks.
14. Right click on your Exchange organization and choose properties.
15. Click on the Connection Server tab.
16. Retype the server name specified under "Exchange Server" (you can specify the same server or another mailbox or CAS server in your organization depending on what version of Exchange you are running)
17. Click on the Validate button.
18. Click OK.
19. Right click on your Exchange Organization and choose Regather Structure.
20. Now you can recreate your gathering tasks.