When first launching Toad, it takes about 5-6mins to open up the splash screen and "ribbit" sound. It takes another 5-6mins (each) to open the subsequent prompts/windows till the Login/connection window. At that point, Toad takes input and works as normal. This startup can take around 11mins.
CPU and memory usage look normal at that time.
There are no other apps running on the computer and there is plenty of RAM and CPU. There is no antivirus running.
Slow launch is cause by the lack of specified DNS suffix.
DNS search suffixes were manually specified on the machine and did not include the suffix for the domain which hosts the network share where the redirected user profiles are located. This causes the traffic to be redirected, causing the 5-6mins of lag between each startup window.
Adding this domain to the search suffixes and making it the first in order or lookup changed the launch time.
1. Go to Network Settings
2. Right click on your Local Area Network
3. Select properties
4. Under "General" tab, hightlight tcp/ip and select properties
5. Click the "Advanced" button.
6. In the "Advanced tcp/ip Settings" window, click "DNS" tab.
7. Under "Append these DNS suffixes (in order)" add the domain needed. This needs to be in search order, top being first searched.
Click OK to all windows to close and apply settings.