The NetVault Bare Metal Recovery (BMR) plugin for Linux requires additional steps to uninstall. The plugin is packaged with a 3rd party product Storix that cannot be removed by the standard procedure of uninstalling plugins via the GUI.
To completely remove all components of the NetVault BMR Plugin for Linux, follow these steps.
To remove the NetVault component:
1. Open the NetVault Backup (NVBU) Client Management window (via either of the toolbar buttons or by clicking Administration > Client Management).
2. On the Clients tab, right-click the applicable machine (that is, the NVBU Server or an NVBU Client with the Plug-in Live Client for Linux installed), and select Remove Software from the pop-up menu.
3. On the Remove Software dialog, select the applicable plug-in for removal (for example, Plug-in Live Client for Linux), and click Remove.
4. When the next Remove Software dialog appears, click OK to proceed (or Cancel to abort).
5. When the confirmation message appears that indicates the software was removed, click OK to close the dialog and return to the NVBU Client Management window.
To remove the Storix component:
6. From the machine containing the installation of this plug-in, navigate to /opt/storix/bin:
7. At the command prompt, issue the following command to remove the remaining directories:
8. Respond “y” to each prompt that appears regarding the removal of user
configuration and history files.
9. Remove the /usr/netvault/util/linux directory via the following command:
rm -irf /usr/netvault/util/linux
10. Remove the README files via the following command:
rm -irf /usr/netvault/util/RE*