I migrated my Exchange Public Folders from my Exchange 2003 and 2007 servers to my Exchange 2010 Public Folder server.
I have run the Exchange Public Folder Gathering against my 2010 Server and after the gathering completes successfully and I look at the replica report I am still seeing that there are replicas on my Exchange 2003 and 2007 PF servers, but replication is no longer enabled on those servers.
An Exchange Public Folder gathering was not run at the Organization level.
1. Launch the MessageStats Console
2. Expand the Organization node
3. Right click on the Organization name and select create task
4. Select Exchange Public Folder Gathering from the list and enter a unique name for the task
5. Complete the Task Execution Server, Task Schedule, Task Logging, and Task Credentials information, clicking next after each page
6. In the Connection server tab make sure the 'Exchange Server (NETBIOS name only' field contains the name of an Exchange Server with Public Folders when running against Exchange 2003 and 2007, if you are running Exchange 2010 Make sure it is a 2010 Client Access server.)
7. Do the same as in step 6 when in the Public Folder MAPI tab and then Finish off the wizard
8. Right click on the Public Folder Gathering and select run now.