Affected NV Version: All
OS Version: All
Plugin version: N/A
Application version: N/A
Description: A VTL was loaded to a drive, and it shows as 'bad'
Symptoms: The file corresponding to a VTL tape got corrupted or deleted from the OS, causing the NetVault to report that VTL tape as BAD when loaded in the Drive.
1) Load another VTL tape to a Drive, blank it and write down its label.
2) Unload that tape.
3) Stop the NetVault Services.
4) Go to the Media folder inside the folder holding the VTL and make a copy of the file corresponding to the label on the tape that you blanked in Step 1.
5) Rename the copied file to correspond to the deleted tape.
5) Restart the NetVault Services.
6) Go to Device Management and load the VTL tape to a drive again, and scan it to make sure it will not come back marked as BAD.
BakBone SFDC Solution Number: 00002526