Date - Nov 2008
Affected Product Version - NVBU 8.X
Affected Module & Version - Filsystem
OS Version -
Application Information -
Backup hangs, gets stuck, transfer rate drops to 0 and stays there for hours. Particularly on MAC.
1) Look at the backup in Job management, right click on it and select 'Monitor job'.
2) Make a note of the File that is currently being backed up.
3) Examine that file on the operating system, it may be corrupt or have an illegal filename (from the OS point of view).
4) Repair or remove this file, or reconfigure the Backup job to exclude it.
5) Abort the backup job that has hung.
6) Re-submitted the backup job.