Affected NV Version: All
OS Version: Linux/Unix
Plugin version: N/A
Application version: N/A
Scripts have many uses. You can have them executed before and after a job runs, or you can use them to execute NetVault CLI commands.
You have a special need that requires creation of a script.
1. Create and Edit a file with a name of your choosing.
2. Put the following line at the top of the file:
#!/bin/sh (if using the bash shell)
3. Enter commands that you can execute in the command line that do what you want to do. Here is an example of a line that would eject a tape from a drive:
/usr/netvault/util/nvdeviceeject -devicename -NAW0627: /Standalone
4. Save the file, and exit the editor.
5. Type: chmod 744 filename (replace filename with the name of the file you created).
/usr/netvault/util/nvdeviceject -devicename -NAW0627: /Standalone