Affected NV Version: All
OS Version: All
Netvault Report shows that the Media size of tape is unknown with -1KB figure.
There are multiple reasons why Netvault may report the size of the tape as unknown – with -1KB figure
1.A tape with expired sets where all its references are deleted of Netvault Media Database will also be reported as “unknown”
2.Foreign tapes will also be reported as unknown. Again that’s because Netvault DB has no reference of this tape
3.A failed or aborted job may end up with a broken segment on tape. As a result Netvault will not detect the LEOM (logical end of media) of the tape and not know how much space is used.
To solve this issue please follow the following steps carefully:
1. Open Netvault and open Media Manager.
2. In the list of media, identify the media that is reported with unknown space left.
3. Doubleclick on the media entry that has the issue, in the right side of the window ou should see the details of the tape.
4. Check if in the Details tab there is a 'Marked for reuse', if so, then you do not need to go further: it is normal that it would show such information. If it has no 'Marked for reuse', then go to step 5.
5. Scanning the tapes should populate the index from the tape to Netvault DB and the report will display the correct size.
6. If step 5 did not work, then you can try blanking the tape, this will erase all the data on the tape that cannot be scanned and it can be used as new.
Please refer to the text above