Date - JAN 2008
Affected Product & Version - Netvault Backup 7.3 and above
Affected Module & Version - Exchange Mailbox APM v1.7.x and above
OS Version - MS Windows 2000 & 2003 Server
Application Information - MS Exchange 2000 and 2003
Customer needs to relocate the contents of an existing mailbox
to a different mailbox display name
In order to successfully relocate a restore of a mailbox, specific information about the desired relocation destination must be noted.
Follow the steps below to accomplish this.
In the Netvault Backup Window
1. Access the Backup window of the GUI and open the Exchange
2. Continue opening items in the selection tree, until all of
the available Mailboxes are revealed.
3. Locate the Mailbox that the relocation is to be performed to,
and note its exact Display Name as revealed in NetVault.
In the Netvault Restore Window
1. Locate the saveset you wish to restore, right click and
2. With the Restore Rename window active, click the checkbox to
the left of the Relocate to field in order to activate it.
3. Input the new destination in the Relocate to field by
entering the Display Name for the new target mailbox,exactly as
it was revealed in NetVault
The path will look something like this
Where "nvrestore" is the display name of the new target mailbox.
4. Click on OK to commit the change, and the Restore Rename
window will close.
5. The item will then be displayed in the Selections window
labeled with the relocation information.
6 Make whatever changes necessary on restore options and
schedule tabs. Then, make sure the appropriate client is
selected as the target client before submitting the restore job
to the schedule.
When the restore is complete, you will find the relocated mailbox
in its new location.