Affected Product & Version - NetVault: Backup 7.4.5 and greater
Affected Module & Version - Oracle APM 5.0
OS Version - all supported
Application Information - Oracle 10.1.x, Oracle 10.2.x, Oracle 9.2.x
Oracle Point In Time restore of RMAN controlled backup fails if "Whole Database" is not selected when configuring the restore.
Restore fails with the messages:
- Perform Database Point In Time Recovery requires select Whole Database in the Restore Selections
- Fatal error: Restore failed
- Perform Database Point In Time Recovery requires select Perform Whole Database Recovery
- Failed to generate backup commands
- Job Status: Restore Failed
â€œPerform Database Point In Time Recoveryâ€ was selected in the Restore Options configuration page, but in the Restore Selections configuration page, â€œWhole Databaseâ€ was not selected.
Database Point In Time Recovery performs Recovery for â€œWhole Databaseâ€ NOT individual tablespaces. Selecting all the datafiles/tablespaces in the Restore Selections is not equivalent to selecting â€œWhole Databaseâ€.