Date: July 2007
NV Version: 7.4.x
OS Version: Any
Application version: Oracle 9, 10
Plugin version:APM 4.5+
Description: Possible causes of an ORA-19511: Error received from media manager layer during an RMAN restore.
When attempting to restore an RMAN backup from either the CLI or GUI, The restore fails with the following error messages:
ORA-19507: failed to retrieve sequential file,
handle="backup_piece_name", parms="" (backup_piece_name will vary)
ORA-27029: skgfrtrv: sbtrestore returned error
ORA-19511: Error received from media manager layer, error text:
An error happened during job.
ORA-06512: at "SYS.X$DBMS_BACKUP_RESTORE", line 5149
ORA-06512: at line 8
Note these errors may be preceeded by other ORA or RMAN errors.
The ORA-19511 Error received from media manager is a generic message meaning that the backup piece cannot be retrieved, there are a number of reasons why this might occur. Please check the following:
1) ensure the user is using a minimum of RMAN APM 4.5
2) If using the CLI, Check the name of the backup piece in the restore window within Netvault
3) ensure that nvpluginaccess has been run on the Netvault server for the Netvault client.
4) the configuration of the plugin is correct, in particular check the entries for the following fields:
"Default Netvault Server"
- this is the Netvault name of the Netvault server that the backup was taken from
"Do Restore From Netvault Server"
- this is the Netvault name of the Netvault Server from which the restore is being made.
"Restore Backup Taken from Netvault Client"
- this is the Netvault name of the Netvault Client from which the Oracle RMAN backup was originally taken.
Version française disponible ID
Deutsche Version verfügbar ID