When removing a Virtual Tape Library from NetVault there will be "residual" information left behind. Normally this is not a problem. But the left over information may cause confusion when adding new Virtual Libraries.
1) From Device Management, right click 'Bulk Blank' on the VTL (this will remove all job indexes associated with data stored on the soon-to-be obsolete VTL)
2) Unload any media still in a drive
3) Still in Device Management, right click 'Remove' on the VTL
4) From Media Management, verify that all media entries related to the deleted VTL is now gone
5) Stop NetVault services
6) Go to ~Netvault/config - please note that if this VTL is on a SmartClient, you will need to browse to this directory on the SmartClient. Otherwise, this will be on the NetVault server itself.
7) Edit 'diskdevices.cfg'
8) Under the fields '[libraries]' and '[drives]', remove the path entries for the deleted VTL (e.g. location=c:\NetVaultVTL\...)
9) Access the path where the NetVault VTL directories were created and remove (to free disk space of obsolete VTL)
10) Restart NetVault service