Date: MAR 2009
Product & Version: NVBU 8.x
OS Version: Ubuntu 8.04 64 bit
Module & Version: NA
Application version: NA
When installing Netvault on Ubuntu 8.04 64 bit, the installation fails with:
Creating symbolic links
postinstall.sh: 613: /usr/netvault/util/nvsetstanza: not found
Failed to set first configuration value
Post install script failed!
There are two problems with installing the NetVault on Ubuntu 8.04 64 bit.
1. Some 32 bit libraries are not installed in the OS by default
2. The NetVault libraries don't get properly linked.
The 32 bit compatibility libraries ia32-libs and lib32nss-mdns can be acquired easily using apt-get. To get around the the linking problem, you can run ldconfig after the install fails, but before you remove the /usr/netvault directory.
The NetVault GUI requires the 32 bit version of the libmotif3 library. This can not be acquired with apt-get. You must download it from http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/libmotif3 extract the libraries and put them in /usr/lib32.
Any steps that are not detailed, took the defaults or what is required to continue.
This assumes you have already downloaded NetVault.
1. Install Ubuntu Server 8.04 64bit
2. sudo su
3. apt-get install ia32-libs lib32nss-mdns
4. un-tar the NetVault file: tar -xzvf <file name>
5. cd netvault
-The install will fail.
-It is important that you run ldconfig before you remove the /usr/netvault directory.
8. rm -rf /usr/netvault
To make GUI work
1. apt-get install ubuntu-desktop
3. Go to http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/libmotif3
4. Download the i386 version of libmotif3
5. dpkg -x libmotif3 /tmp
6. cd /tmp/usr/lib
7. mv * /usr/lib32