Affected NV Version: All
OS Version: All
Plugin version: N/A
Application version: N/A
You want to have a job run as the result of an event. Events can be defined to happen at the end of a job, which is what I will describe here, but you can also use predefined events, or create an event based on things you see in your NetVault logs.
You want a job to run when a job ends, or other defined event occurs.
This will show you how to run job 27 which is a report job, but it can also be used to specify any job, such as backups or restores.
1. Go to the advanced options tab of the backup job, and check 'Raise Event if Job is Successful'.
2. In the 'Raise Event if Job is Successful' box , give the event a name, such as 'Run Job 27', where 27 is the job id of the restore job.
3. Save Job
4. Go to the main NetVault GUI window, click on Administration, and then select Global Notification.
5. There will be a folder named 'Job - User defined'. Under this folder is the event you created "Run Job 27'. Double click on your event.
6. Check 'Run a job' and then double click on it.
7. In the window, type the following (make sure it is upper case)
JOBID = 27
8. Click the OK button.
9. In the upper left hand corner of the Global Notification window is the 'Save' icon/button. Click on this button to save the global notification profile.
10. If the backup job is a scheduled job, edit the job, and resubmit the job.