The 'Upgrade' button and link indicates that the FMS has detected that one database agent instances should be upgraded for it's related agent manager version. This is expected behavior after a new database cartridge install.
The Upgrade wizard screen appears by default when opening the database dashboard when one or more database cartridge components require upgrading.
- While the need for upgrade is indicated for both Foglight for Oracle, SQL Server or DB2, the upgrade is carried out separately for each database cartridge type
- Select which type of database cartridge/Domain to upgrade by clicking the Database cartridge’s name.
- Use the following screen to select which Foglight Agent Managers and Foglight for SQL Server versions are to be upgraded.
The Other Agents column in the table indicates whether the specified Foglight Agent Manager runs agents of other cartridge types. If a value is displayed in this column, go to Administration | Agents | Agent Status to view the other agents run under the specified Foglight Agent Manager. If the other agents appear in the list below, upgrading Foglight Agent Manager to the latest version is safe. For agents of any other cartridge type, consult the documentation of the respective cartridge types.
- Click the button Upgrade the selected Foglight Agent Managers. A progress bar appears which indicates upgrade process.
- Correct any Permissions issues before continuing.
- After the Upgrade process completes,if the Upgrade button persist on one or more agents, ensure the Agent Manger associated with the agent(s) is running and is reporting in under Agents | Agent Hosts.