When entering an SQL statement in the Code Editor, the editor hangs (pauses) after every couple of letters as if it is waiting for something to load.
Disable Code Completion:
1. Go to menu View | Preferences | Code Editor | General.
2. Uncheck these options: "Automatic Code Completion" and "Automatic Dot Lookup".
3. Set "Delay (milliseconds)" to zero.
4. Click Apply and then OK.
Reset the default directory if it is set to a folder on a network share:
1. Go to menu View | Preferences | General.
2. Change the Default Directory from the network share to any folder on the local computer.
3. Click Apply and OK.
4. Go back to menu View | Preferences | General.
5. Restore the Default Directory to the original folder on the network share.
6. Click Apply and OK.