Upgrading from 6.1.1 to 6.5.1 and then to 6.9 and moving the database from SQL 2000 to SQL 2005 cluster.
NOTE: Make sure you are logged into the MessageStats server as the Service account while upgrading the Application
Upgrading from 6.1.1 to 6.5.1 and then to 6.9 and moving to the database to a new SQL Server.
1. Download the 6.5.1 MessageStats Database Migration Script from here (This script needs to be run manually as we cannot push out the database upgrade to a SQL cluster from the installer) https://support.quest.com/Search/SolutionDetail.aspx?id=SOL48355&category=Solutions&SKB=1
2. Download the MessageStats 6.9 Application Package by Clicking Here.
3. Download the MessageStats 6.9 Database Migration script from here. https://support.quest.com/Search/SolutionDetail.aspx?id=SOL70828
4. Make sure there are no tasks running, Delete all configured Tasks, and un-install your old version of MessageStats.
NOTE: If you are not moving your database to a new server please skip step 5, and continue on step 6.
5. The following solution will explain you how to Move the Database from SQL 2000 to SQL 2005 and explain that you will need to create the Security groups in Active directory and how to assign them to the MessageStats database. https://support.quest.com/Search/SolutionDetail.aspx?id=SOL21969&category=Solutions&SKB=1
6. Have your DBA run the 6.5.1 MessageStats migration script you downloaded in Step 1, make sure you run it against the MessageStats Database.
7. Have your DBA run the 6.9 MessageStats migration script you downloaded in Step 3, make sure you run it against the MessageStats Database.
8. Install MessageStats 6.9, choose a custom install and do not choose the Database portion.
9. Re create your gathering tasks.