How to change from Foglight Management Server (FMS) HA back to just standalone FMS?
How to change from FMS HA back to just standalone FMS to 'revert' the primary FMS from the HA configuration back to just a stand alone FMS?
1. Open the file "$FMS_Home/config/server.config" on primary FMS which should no longer participate in the HA cluster.
2. Locate and comment out (put '#' in front of line) parameter:
server.ha.partition.name = "FMS_HA";
# server.ha.partition.name = "FMS_HA";
3. You will only want one FMS pointing at the Foglight database. Make sure to discontinue use/disable FMS service of all FMS HA partners that will not be the stand alone you are leaving up.
4. If you are using TCP (instead of the default UDP) communications between the FMS' - ie: you would have implemented this solution.
The solution does not need to be "undone" because an FMS starting in standalone mode will not use the cluster-service.xml file - however, you may want to back up this file for archive purposes.
NOTE: As of Foglight 5.7.1 through 5.7.5, the location is %FGLHOME%\server\jboss\deploy. If you save a copy, be sure to save it outside of this directory.
NOTE: The filename has changed in Foglight 5.9.1 to $FMS_HOME/config/jgroups-config.xml
5. Lastly, do not use the command 'fmsha' to start the Primary FMS any longer.
Start the Primary FMS with the command: