You may recieve the below error when installing Recovery Manager for AD to a SQL server which has its default database location pointing to the root of a drive (C:\, M:\, etc):
"Failed to deploy SQL database, error detail: *** TSD01268 .NET SqlClient Data Provider: Msg 5105, Level 16, State 2, Line 1 A file activation error occurred. The physical file name '\(NAME OF .MDF DATABASE)' may be incorrect. Diagnose and correct additional errors, and retry the operation. *** TSD01268 .Net SqlClient Data Provider: Msg 1802, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 CREATE DATABASE failed. Some file names listed could not be created. Check related errors."
1. Change the default database location to a folder off of the root drive. This can be done in the SQL Server Management Studio. Right click on the server name at the top of the tree on the left of the console and go to Properties. Chose "Database Settings" on the left, the default database locations are at the bottom.
2. Install Recovery Manager for AD
3. Detatch the installed database
4. Move the .ldf and .mdf to the default database location
5. Attach the database using SQL Server Management Studio
6. Change the default database location back to the original setting
This has been logged as defect ID TF00201255, which will be reviewed for a future release of the product.