You receive the following error when running a gathering task - "The following error occured before the main processing of the given gathering: Login failed for user 'DOMAIN\Username'"
Ensure the DOMAIN\Username specified has rights to access the Messagestats database.
1. Launch SQL Management Studio and expand Security | Logins
2. Right click on Logins and choose New Login.
3. Click on search and find the account spcified. Click OK.
4. Change the 'Default database' setting to 'Messagestats'
4. In the left hand column click on User Mapping.
5. For the Ã¢â‚Users Mapped to this LoginnnÃ¢â‚ section put a check mark in the box beside the MessageStats database.
6. Under the Ã¢â‚Database role Memberships forrrÃ¢â‚ section select Ã¢â‚ Public, MessageStats_Admin and db_ddladmin