When using Windows Vista or Windows 7 clients with Internet Explorer 8 to connect securely (https) to Web Portal the error Cannot load file C:/PathName/FileName.pit is displayed.
This does not affect connections from clients using an earlier version of Internet Explorer.
Follow the steps below to work around this issue and modify the Internet Explorer settings on the client computer:
1. Open Internet Explorer |Tools | Internet Options | Advanced | Security.
2. Uncheck the boxes associated to the following options:
- Check for publishers certificate revocation
- Check for server certificate revocation
3. Close all Internet Explorer windows before retesting.