Need to upgrade the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) within the Foglight Management Server (FMS) or Foglight Agent Manager (FglAM) installation.
Both the FMS and the FglAM require a JRE. Each release is shipped with a specific versions of the JRE, that is bundled with the product. Quest Software Inc. audits security bulletins from Sun related to the JREs, which has been shipped and if any are determined to be applicable to the Foglight code, a security update incorporating the fixes will be released.
It is not recommend to use a different JRE version, as it is difficult to confirm that it will perform correctly. However, within particularly stringent security requirements it may be required to do so. If the JRE must be upgraded, Quest will make good faith efforts to support the activity according to the following guidelines:
1) Access Java web site for Latest JRE:
2) Download both 32 bit & 64 bit Solaris (required): This example was for the earlier 1.6.0_29 release.
1) Access Java web site for Latest JRE.
2) Download the specific version for the system:
Windows 7, XP Offline: 16 MB
Please note that the Java web site detects the browser version in use. If the browser is 32-bit, it will be offered to download the JRE 32-bit update. For 64-bit systems, please use a 64-bit browser.
3) Stop FMS.
4) Go to $FGL_HOME and rename the jre directory to jre.bak.
5) Create a new directory called jre.
6) Go to the command line and type the following command:
As an example: C:\> c:\jre-6u29-windows-x64.exe INSTALLDIR=D:\Quest_Software\Foglight\jre
7) Start FMS.