When user tried to perform a backup to TSM, user received error; 'ANS1087E Access to the specified file or directory is denied'
ANS1087E Access to the specified file or directory is denied.
Explanation: Access to the specified file or directory is denied. You tried to read from or write to a file and you do not have access permission for either the file or the directory.
System Action: Processing stopped.
User Response: Ensure that you specified the correct file or directory name, correct the permissions, or specify a new location.
Add "DSMI_CONFIG=path to dsm file\dsm.opt" to the Environment variables for the server.
1. Open the Systems applet in Control Panel.
2. Click on the Advance tab.
3. Click the Environment variables button at the bottom.
4. In the System variables area click New.
5. For Variable name add "DSMI_CONFIG"
6. For Variable value add the path to the customer's DSM file.
7. Save changes and reboot the server.
Add "DSMI_DIR = <patch to where the dscenu.txt file is located>" to the Environment variables for the server following the steps outlined above.
Add " DSMI_LOG = <Any location> " to the Environment variables for the server following the steps outlined above.