I cannot see items in Database Browser.
I can see items in Schema Browser properly.
I confirmed that no filters are enabled.
If synonyms are present and options proper, one may have a bad install.
Confirm that the following settings have been confirmed and satisfied:
1. Confirm that the following public synonyms are present.
2. Confirm that there is a file, DatabaseBrowser.tdb, in the USER FILES folder. This folder is located in the following path:
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle\9.7 (x)\User Files
3. In Toad Options, drill to View | Options | Startup > select Check for access to DBA views > exit Toad and launch Toad again
4. Spool SQL to determine what Toad is running in the background.
From the Database Menu | l SQL to Screen - click on this to enable selection
From the Database Menu | Monitor | Database Browser
Re-open the Database Browser and gather SQL.
Determine what SQL statement Toad is hanging on and make necessary adjustments.
5. If Spooling SQL looks proper, using the Quest Installer, uninstall and reinstall TOAD for Oracle.