After generating alternatives in the Tuning Lab, right-clicking on the alternatives shows that the Deploy Outline option is disabled or grayed out.
Insufficient privileges to create or manage outlines.
The following is taken from Quest SQL Optimizer for Oracle Help file under Database Privileges section:
Outline Manager and Deploy Outlines
Creating and managing stored outlines
1. Oracle 8i or above is required.
2. CREATE ANY OUTLINE and DROP ANY OUTLINE privileges are needed.
3. Access to this package is needed: SYS.OUTLN_PKG
4. Access is needed to these system views:
SYS.USER_OUTLINES and SYS.USER_OUTLINE_HINTS
SYS.DBA_OUTLINES and SYS.DBA_OUTLINE_HINTS
5. Update privilege is needed to: OUTLN.OL$, OUTLN.OL$HINTS.
6. For Oracle 9i or later, update privilege is needed to: OUTLN.OL$NODES
7. ALTER SYSTEM is needed to enable a stored outline category.
The following is a sample grant script for the above privileges.
grant create any outline to nondba;
grant drop any outline to nondba;
grant execute on sys.outln_pkg to nondba;
grant select on outln.ol$ to nondba;
grant select on sys.user_outlines to nondba;
grant select on sys.user_outline_hints to nondba;
grant select on sys.dba_outlines to nondba;
grant select on sys.dba_outline_hints to nondba;
grant update on outln.ol$ to nondba;
grant update on outln.ol$hints to nondba;
grant update on outln.ol$nodes to nondba;
grant alter system to nondba;