On occasion, it becomes necessary to reset a queue to get rid of the data in the queue. This procedure will allow you to get rid of the data in a queue but will not require re-activation.
Anytime data is being removed from a queue a re-sync will become necessary.
1) Determine the port that SharePlex is running on(ie:2100 by default).
2) Shutdown SharePlex on the system that has the queue you want to reset (source for capture or export queue - target for post queue)
3) Export the SP_SYS_VARDIR
4) run the qview program from the PRODDIR/bin directory
qview> qsetup 2100 (or whatever port you are running on)
qview> list (this will list the queue names on that system - please note the queuename of the queue you want to reset)
qview> reset c ("c" to reset the capture queue - "x" to reset the export queue - or "p" to reset the post queue)
(the program will ask if this is the queue you want to reset y/n?)
5) Logon to the target system and truncate the shareplex_trans table from the sharePlex schema.
6) Start up sp_cop on both source and target
NOTE: If you reset the capture queue on the source, then you MUST follow the data flow and also reset the export queue and then the
post queue on the target. If you reset the export queue on the source, you MUST reset the post queue on the target. If you
are only resetting the post queue, then no other queues need to be reset).
NOTE: After resetting the queues you MUST truncate the shareplex_trans table on the target. This is a sequence counter table for the post queue. By truncating it, the poster will post the next message in the post queue.