When executing sp_cop the prompt comes back back but the processes would not start. Nothing is logged in event_log.
<proddir>/ .app_modules/launcher is size 0.
Procure and use a valid launcher file from another system:
1. Get the valid launcher file from the corresponding <proddir>/ .app_modules directory on the source or target where Shareplex is running. This valid launcher will not be 0 bytes but will instead have some content in it.
2. Move the existing launcher file with 0 bytes to some other name and replace it with the good launcher file.
3. Make sure that the ownership/permissions in the replaced launcher file are appropriate (by comparing it to those on the machine where Shareplex is correctly running)
4. Restart Shareplex.
In case the workaround A is not successful, then reinstall shareplex to resolve the issue as below:
1. Backup the existing shareplex binaries. For example if shareplex is installed in /u01/splex then rename this directory to /u01/splex_bad
2. Reinstall shareplex. When prompted for variable data directory provide a FAKE directory name. Do not provide current SP_SYS_VARDIR_NAME.
3. Once the installation completes successfully, check to be sure $SP_SYS_VARDIR and other shareplex environment variables are correct and start sp_cop
4. Remove the FAKE variable data directory.
The workaround A is much easier to attempt first.
This solution applies to 6.x and higher versions since launcher was introduced in 6.0