When I connect to my database using "Access" type of connection or "Group" in Toad for Data Analysts, and use Query Builder and click on "Run Query", I get the error "Too few parameters. Expected 5."
If I connect using "ODBC" type of connection or Group, the Query Builder runs fine and I get no errors.
The number in the error may vary i.e.:
"Too few parameters. Expected 1."
"Too few parameters. Expected 2."
"Too few parameters. Expected 3."
"Too few parameters. Expected 4."
Problem 2: Error also occurs in version 3.7 and above when executing a cross-query between Access and Teradata
Problem 1: Defect
Problem 2: Using Base Edition to attempt cross query
Waiting for fix in a future release of Toad for Data Analysts.
If using a trial key when this issue occurs, it can be caused if the trial key in use is for the base edition of Toad Data Point. If this is the case, a trial key for the Professional edition will need to be generated and used.
RESOLUTION 2: Use the Professional edition of Toad Data Point.
Steps to duplicate error:
Note: Error was duplicated on the attached "DCE_TDA.mdb" Access database file only.
1) Go to File | New | Connection | Group | choose "ACCESS" | under "Database File:", open the "DCE_TDA.mdb" file | click on "Connect"
*** See "DCE_TDA.zip" file attachment
2) Go to Tools | Query Builder
3) Double-click the two tables to bring those two tables in the Query Builder window
4) Checkmark some columns and do some joins as well.
5) Clicked on "Run Query"
8) Toad gives Error: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Too few parameters. Expected 4.
This error does not happen if "ODBC" type of connection is used. Go to File | New | Connection | Group | choose "ODBC" | under "Data Source Name:", open the "DCE_TDA.mdb" file | click on "Connect".