The below steps outline how to configure Secure-IT.
Before attempting to setup and configure Quest vWorkspaceSecure-IT & Proxy-IT review the following.
1. What is the Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) which will be used to connect to for Secure-IT?
a. Example: secure.company.net, provision.domain.com
b. Issued To and Friendly Name MUST be identical for Secure-IT to work properly
2. Do you have a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) certificate for the above Domain Name?
a. Secure-IT requires the use of an SSL Certificate, Public or Private
3. What services do you plan on having the Secure-IT server perform?
a. RDP Proxy
b. Web Interface Proxy
c. Connection Broker Proxy
i. If all three (not recommended) are being planned you will need at a minimum, 2 different ports and 2 certificates. 443 for the SSL traffic and another for the additional SSL traffic which you can configure on your own
ii. A limitation of the Secure-IT product is that it can only distinguish two (2) types of traffic over the same port but it is not recommended that you have all 3 services being used by the same Secure-IT server
1. Begin by Opening your Control Panel
2. Double click on theSecure-IT applet
3. Check the box RDP Proxy
4. Click the dropdown and select your local IP Address
5. Set the port you want to use; 443 by default
6. Click the Lock icon
7. Select the Certificate to be used by this server and click OK
8. If you are planning on configuring this server as a Web-IT Server as well proceed to the next step, otherwise, proceed to Step 16
9. In the Web Interface Proxy check the box Local IP Address
10. Click the dropdown and select your local IP Address
11. Set the port you want to use; 443 by default
12. Click the Enable SSL checkbox
13. Click the Lock icon
14. Select the Certificate to be used by this server and click OK
15. Your Secure-IT implementation is now complete. If you are not setting up Web-IT on this server but are Setting up the Connection Broker proceed to the next step.
16. In the Connection Broker Proxy check the box Local IP Address
17. Click the dropdown and select your local IP Address
18. Set the port you want to use; 443 by default
19. In the Destination Host(s) box type it IP address of your Connection Broker
20. Type the Destination Port (default is 8080)
21. Check the Enable SSL box
22. Click the Lock icon
23. Select the Certificate to be used by this server and click OK
24. Your setup is now complete.
25. Based on the configuration you setup you can now launch your Web-IT page and log in.
26. Launch an application
27. Check your AppPortal Session Status and see that your connection is running over SSL.
Issued To and Friendly Name for the certificate MUST be identical for Secure-IT to work properly