When running the ChangeAuditor Agent Deployment Wizard, user receives ERROR: "Failed to retrieve directory topology".
Add the User Account running the ChangeAuditor client into the ChangeAuditor Administrators-(INSTALLATIONNAME) ActiveDirectory group. This group is automatically created upon the installation of the ChangeAuditor Repository. It is usually created inside of the default USERS OU [organizational unit] inside of Active Directory, in 2000 Native Mode and above. In 2000 mixed mode, the groups are created locally on the machine where the ChangeAuditor repository was installed.
Adding User to ChangeAuditor ActiveDirectory Group
1. Open "Active Directory Users and Computers"
2. Open the "Users" Organizational Unit
3. Open the ChangeAuditor Administrators - INSTALLATION_NAME
4. Click the members tab
5. Click add, select the user to add, click ok.
6. Click Ok again, close Active Directory Users and Computers
7. Log off and log back in with the user that was recently added to the ChangeAuditor group. This is necessary to get a new security token.
8. Retry agent Deployment.