Downloaded and installed trial version of Toad for Oracle and the following error occurs when launching the SQL Optimizer portion of the application:
An unhandled exception of type 'System.IO.FileNotFoundException' occurred in Unknown Module.
Additional information: Could not load file or assembly
'DevExpress.BonusSkins.v7.3, Version=22.214.171.124, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=95fc6c5621878f0a' or one of its dependencies.
The system cannot find the file specified.
Quest Installer detects an earlier version of the SQL Optimizer was installed with the latest version of Toad for Oracle.
Toad for Oracle v126.96.36.199
SQL Optimizer v7.3
Check what version Quest Installer detects the SQL Optimizer actually is:
1. Go to Start | All Programs | Quest Software | Quest Installer | Quest Installer
2. Select "Uninstall a Product" and click on Next.
3. Locate and click on "Quest SQL Optimizer for Oracle" (link, not check box).
4. Locate the "version:" and check the version number.
If the version number is lower than 188.8.131.524, check the box to uninstall SQL Optimizer and then download the latest version of the Toad for Oracle trial:
1. Visit www.quest.com
2. Go to Downloads (Small gray link in the upper right-hand corner of the page).
3. Scroll down till you see "Toad® for Oracle" and click on the Download link to the right column of the grid.
4. Click on the Download Now link.
5. Complete the Trial Download form with the appropriate information and make sure you check mark the "I have read and accept the agreement*" box and click submit.
6. An automatic e-mail will be sent to you with your trial license key.
7. Click on the Toad for Oracle Xpert Edition link.
Note: If you receive an "Invalid page" message, simply click on the Back button of your browser and just check "I have read and accept the agreement*" again and click submit. Delete or ignore any extra e-mails that were sent. They are all the same key.
8. Click on Save to download.
9. Once download is complete, go to directory that has installation media.
10. Double click on icon and follow installation instructions.