How to set up an ODBC connection in Toad for Data Analysts?
New ODBC connections can be created via one of the follow way:
A.To create an ODBC connectionfrom Windows:
First create the DSN via the ODBC Data Source Administrator program found in your computers Control Panel| Administrative Tools |Data source (ODBC). Click on Add button and select IBM ODBC DRIVER (TACOMxx) (xx is version of Toad for Data Analysts)
B. To create an ODBC connection from Toad for Data Analysts:
1. Click file - new - connection or (Keyboard: ALT+F+N).
2. Select ODBC from the Group list box.
3. Click open ODBC Data Source Administration Icon in the Data Source Name field.
4. Click Add. The Create New Data Source window displays.
5. Select an ODBC driver from the list, and click Finish.
6. Specify the configuration properties required for the database and click OK.
7. Click OK to return to the Create New Connection window.
8. Complete the following fields such as (User - Password - Database and so on).
9. Click Connect to save the connection and immediately connect to the database.
10. Click Save to save the connection without connecting to the database.