I just installed Oracle Business Intelligence Tools and now when I try to connect to a database with TOAD, it gives me the following error message: Access violation at address 00000000. Read of address 00000000
I can connect to SQL Plus and I have another client that I can connect with. I use to be able to connect with this client but not after the tool install.
Issue with Environmental Variable and path leading to the Oracle client in question.
1. Locate the Oraclient*.dll file of the client in question, which by default is under BIN folder of the Oracle client folder.
2. Select Control Panel | System.
3. Select Advanced Tab | Environmental Variables.
4. Under System Variables list, scroll down to PATH.
5.The value of PATH should have the above BIN path as the first directory listed in the list of paths.
6. Use Edit button to modify path to put this path as the first path in the list.
Save the changes and launch Toad and test your connection with that client.