The following error displays while trying to perform a backup to a Tivoli Storage Manager server.
Options file * could not be found
The following error displays while trying to perform a backup to a TSM server.
Cannot load ICC encryption library
Incorrect setup or contents of dsm.opt file
WORKAROUND for Error: Options file * could not be found:
Add "DSMI_CONFIG=path to dsm filedsm.opt" to the Environment variables for the server.
1. Open the Systems applet in Control Panel.
2. Click on the Advance tab.
3. Click the Environment variables button at the bottom.
4. In the System variables area click New.
5. For Variable name add "DSMI_CONFIG"
6. For Variable value add the path to the server's DSM file.
7. Save changes and reboot the server.
Add "DSMI_DIR = <patch to where the dscenu.txt file is located>" to the Environment variables for the server, following the steps outlined above.
Add " DSMI_LOG = <Any location> " to the Environment variables for the server, following the steps outlined above.
WORKAROUND for Error: Cannot load ICC encryption library:
Add "ENCRYPTIONTYPE DES" to the customer's DSM file.
Please create and use a separate DSM file for LiteSpeed.
Quest recommends that only the following TSM options be placed in the server's DSM file, when used with LiteSpeed.
tcpport <port where TSM is running the default is 1500>
tcpserveraddress <TSM server's IP address>
"PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE" and "ENCRYPTIONTYPE DES" can be added if needed.