How to move the MessageStats Database from one SQL 2005 server to another SQL 2005 server?
In the steps described below OldServer is the server where the MessageStats database is currently installed on and NewServer is the machine on which the database will be moved to.
1. on OldServer perform a backup of the MessageStats database. To perform this use either the preferred backup software able to backup SQL databases or the backup utility of SQL Server Management Studio
2. install SQL 2005 on NewServer
3. on NewServer perform a database restore (restoring from the backup generated in step 1)
4. on NewServer perform a custom instalation of MessageStats selecting to install only the database component (this ensures that all relevant securities are set on the MessageStats database and that the database is correctly upgraded - if not already upgraded)
5. On the MessageStats Console server, launch the MessageStats Console
6. Drill down to the Console name. Right-click on it | Properties | Database tab
7. Next to the fleld named Locate the database on the following SQL server click on the eclipse (...) button and point to NewServer. Test connection (if required SOL3553 -https://support.quest.com/SUPPORT/index?page=solution&id=SOL3553- may need to be re-applied). Click OK. Click OK again
8. In the MessageStats Console ensure that connectivity to the new server has been correctly established. Go to Database Management, review the value in the bottom right corner of the Console. It should display the location of the newly moveddatabase