I have saved .SMI files from previous versions of Toad prior to Toad 9.6. In Toad versions 9.6, I cannot find the "Load Settings" button to pull up the "Load Data Import Settings" window in order to import my .SMI file. Where is this feature in Toad for Oracle 9.6?
This feature is missing from Toad 9.6 and has been put back into Toad 9.7. Please download the latest Toad from https://support.quest.com.
1. In the Schema Browser | Table tab, select a table, right-click, choose "Import from Text, Excel, or Access."
2. In the second screen of the Import Table Data window (i.e. the "Select Source" window), right-click and select "Import settings from SMI file."
In these Toad versions prior to Toad 9.6, you can import your .SMI by the follow steps:
1. Go to Database | Import | Import Table Data
2. Click on "Show Data" button
3. Click on "Execute Wizard" button
4. Within the "Import Wizard" window, click on the "Load Settings" button